The Humane Society of Sedona sells dog licenses for the City of Sedona and Yavapai County.
NOTE: In order to buy a license you must present proof that your dog has a rabies vaccination that will be valid for the whole license year. The license
cannot exceed the rabies vaccination expiration date. For example, if you want to buy a license in January the rabies vaccination must be current through the
following January. If the rabies vaccination expires mid-year, the license expiration will match that date - and the whole year license fee will be charged.
City of Sedona License
The City of Sedona requires all dogs over 4 months of age, who reside within the
incorporated boundaries of the City of Sedona, be licensed. Licenses are valid
for one year from date of purchase. You must present a valid rabies certificate
from your veterinarian and a certificate of sterilization if your dog has been
fixed when you purchase a license. Unlicensed dogs that are brought to the
shelter by animal control are subject to a $40 impound fee, $50 recovery fee
and $20 per day boarding fee until claimed.
License Fee for altered dog: $7.50
License Fee for un-altered dog: $25.00
License fee for Seniors (65+) w/altered dog: $5.00
Replacement License: $2.50
Yavapai County License
The Arizona State Statute 11-1008 Doc license requirements for the unincorporated areas of Yavapai County are:
- “Dogs 4 months of age and older must be vaccinated for the rabies virus by a DVM and wear a current Yavapai County dog License. (Dog licenses are available annually.)”
- County dog licenses may be purchased from the Humane Society of Sedona with documentation of current rabies vaccination and of spay or neuter status.
Fees are as follows –
- $5.00 for altered animals and proof of altering must be provided at time of purchase as well as current rabies vaccination for calendar year
- $25.00 for un-altered animals and proof of rabies vaccination for calendar year
- $5.00 additional charge after March 31 of each calendar year
- $5.00 replacement fee for loss of current dog license