THRIFT STORE SALES ASSOCIATE
The Humane Society of Sedona has an immediate opening for a Thrift Store Sales Associate. The Thrift Store Associate works under the direction of the Thrift Store Manager to ensure that assigned tasks are fully completed effectively and efficiently.
Duties and responsibilities:
•Efficiently and promptly receive, sort, clean, price, organize and merchandise donations for resale.
•Identify and prepare substandard donations for proper disposal.
•Fully comply with Humane Society of Sedona’s policies and procedures, including customer service, merchandising, housekeeping and organizational standards.
•Provide exceptional customer service and donation acceptance.
•Maintain store’s cleanliness and ensure merchandise is organized and presented well throughout the day.
•Schedule deliveries and pick-ups.
•Follows protocols for opening and closing store in preparation for same/next day operations.
•Close out and reconcile cash, register receipts and credit card batches at close.
•Perform as cashier and customer service representative as needed.
•Assists with training and guiding volunteers when directed.
•Other duties as assigned by Thrift Store Manager.
•High School Diploma or equivalent.
•Prior working experience in a retail environment preferred.
•Knowledge of pricing collectables helpful.
•Ability to work in a team environment.
•Good customer service skills.
•Ability to multi-task.
Physical requirements ;: Must be able to move about, squat, bend, knell and stand during assigned work shift. Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call 928-282-4679.
The Humane Society of Sedona has an immediate opening for an experienced full-time Veterinary Assistant. Join a team of positive hardworking staff and volunteers dedicated to helping animals.
The Veterinary Assistant is responsible for intake exams of incoming animals, administration of scheduled medications, staff and volunteer training on limiting disease transmission, medical related data entry and record keeping, euthanasia as needed, and all aspects of the vet clinic, including surgery scheduling, prep, and assistance, ordering supplies, and cleaning. Ensures standards of sanitation are adhered and protocols are followed.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a Veterinary Assistant.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Strong dog and cat handling skills.
• Must be skilled in drawing blood, vaccination, surgical assisting techniques, administering medication.
• Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
• Computer literate in a Windows environment.
• Ability to utilize effective problem solving/decision making skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Excellent customer service and a high degree of empathy in interacting with pet owners.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Must enjoy working with people including staff, volunteers, and the public.
• High-degree of integrity and accountability, as well as a desire to carry out the HSS’s mission,
• Willingness to be flexible with schedule and days off when necessary
• Experience working at an animal shelter.
• Experience working with PetPoint animal shelter software.
• Associates degree for Veterinary Technician.
Hours: To Be Determined
Days: Schedule to include Mondays & Tuesdays
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call #928.282.4679.