VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR – PART TIME
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the volunteer department including recruitment, orientation, scheduling, and tracking hours of the volunteers who assist the Humane Society of Sedona (HSS) shelter and thrift store staff.
Must have prior Volunteer Coordinator experience and enjoy working with people and animals.
For more information and a Job Description contact Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Humane Society of Sedona has an immediate opening for an experienced full-time Veterinary Assistant. Join a team of positive hardworking staff and volunteers dedicated to helping animals.
The Veterinary Assistant is responsible for intake exams of incoming animals, administration of scheduled medications, staff and volunteer training on limiting disease transmission, medical related data entry and record keeping, euthanasia as needed, and all aspects of the vet clinic, including surgery scheduling, prep, and assistance, ordering supplies, and cleaning. Ensures standards of sanitation are adhered and protocols are followed.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a Veterinary Assistant.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Strong dog and cat handling skills.
• Must be skilled in drawing blood, vaccination, surgical assisting techniques, administering medication.
• Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
• Computer literate in a Windows environment.
• Ability to utilize effective problem solving/decision making skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Excellent customer service and a high degree of empathy in interacting with pet owners.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Must enjoy working with people including staff, volunteers, and the public.
• High-degree of integrity and accountability, as well as a desire to carry out the HSS’s mission,
• Willingness to be flexible with schedule and days off when necessary
• Experience working at an animal shelter.
• Experience working with PetPoint animal shelter software.
• Associates degree for Veterinary Technician.
Hours: To Be Determined
Days: Schedule to include Mondays & Tuesdays
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call #928.282.4679.