Are you interested in making a difference in our community? Become a volunteer at the Humane Society of Sedona!
When you volunteer at the Humane Society of Sedona, you’re joining a family of volunteers and staff committed to providing love and support for the homeless pets in our care. As a volunteer, you’ll be helping homeless animals receive the loving care and second chances for happiness they deserve.
Whether you socialize cats, walk dogs, assist with administrative duties or aid with an adoption event, you can make a huge difference in the lives of the animals at Humane Society of Sedona!
- Dog Socialization
- Cat Socialization
- Animal Care
- PetSmart® Feline Center
- Clerical & Administrative help
- Adoption Events
- Thrift Store (Paw Prints West & Paw Prints VOC)
- Foster Care
- Kids & Kritters Summer Camp Counselor
- Laundry & Kitchen Duties
- And more…email to ask about other opportunities!
General Volunteer Requirements:
- Age – Volunteers must be at least 16 years old (some positions require individuals to be at least 18 years of age). Under 16? Youth volunteers ages 13yrs – 15yrs can volunteer with a parent or guardian.
- Time commitment – Volunteers must be able to make a commitment of three hours per week for six months. Unable to make the required commitment? Email to ask about our community service program and other short-term volunteer opportunities.
1. Complete the application below – Volunteers can choose to submit the online application for a quick response or print it out and drop it off. If your availability and interests coincide with available volunteer positions, we’ll contact you to schedule you for a volunteer orientation.
2. Attend orientation – Each shelter and thrift store volunteer attends a two-and-a-half-hour orientation where we provide an overview of our services, philosophies, an introduction to our volunteer program and a tour of the shelter. Orientations are held monthly at the shelter (see schedule below).
3. Attend training class – To learn about safety procedures, pet adoptions, animal behavior and the Humane Society of Sedona’s many programs. Volunteers attend a general information lecture based class followed by hands on training in their new position.
As part of the volunteer application process, there is a $15 volunteer application fee that covers the cost of administrative processing and volunteer uniform.
If you would like to join our dynamic volunteer program, please fill out an application and plan to attend our next Volunteer Orientation at the Humane Society of Sedona. Volunteer Orientation is $15.00 (cash, check or charge) and includes a Volunteer Shirt, Name Badge, and Volunteer Handbook.